- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook: 8 hours and 10 minutes
- Ready in: 8 hours and 20 minutes
This Slow Cooker Thick & Chunky Beef Stew is a perfect dish for you to make some at home. Besides, it is very easy to make and it is also so juicy and tender.
How to make Slow Cooker Thick & Chunky Beef Stew
By preparing the ingredients below along with following the steps from the beginning until the end, you can serve around six full portions of Slow Cooker Thick & Chunky Beef Stew at home.
- 450 gr lean chuck beef, cubed
- 50 gr flour
- Two tablespoons olive oil (extra-virgin)
- Two celery stalks, sliced
- Three large carrots, cut into round slices
- 100 gr snap peas (shelled)
- Two peeled potatoes, cut into several small pieces (bite sized)
- 100 gr red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- One yellow onion, chopped
- Two garlic cloves, minced
- A piece of bay leaf
- Two teaspoons of dried thyme or you may use a tablespoon of thyme leaves
- Salt and black pepper to season
- 500 ml beef broth (low-sodium)
- 100 ml red wine or you may change with beef broth
- 50 gr flat parsley, chopped
- 30 gr tomato paste
1The first thing to do is to prepare a bowl and fill with some flour in it and put the beef into the bowl. Then, you need to coat the beef with the flour. Make sure you coat them evenly. Next, continue to prepare for other ingredients as written in the following step below.
2Prepare a skillet and heat it with virgin oil over medium heat. After the oil is hot enough, put the flour coated steak in it and cook for around several minutes until the meat turns brown. If all of the meats have been cooked, you can continue to prepare to cook with the slow cooker.
3In a slow cooker, put the ingredients in it which include the beef, olive oil, celery, carrots, snap peas, potatoes, red bell pepper, yellow onion, garlic, bay leaves, dried thyme, beef stock, red wine, tomato paste and seasonings like salt and pepper.
4When you want to cook these ingredients, you need to put the cover on with a lid and cook over low heat for around 8 to 10 hours. Later, you will get a very tender meat with a perfectly delicious mixture. When you want to serve this, don’t forget to remove the bay leaves.
To serve, you need to prepare some serving platters and put the Slow Cooker Thick & Chunky Beef Stew in it. Enjoy with rice or mashed potatoes or your favorite homemade salad. Serve while it is warm with the whole of your family.