- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Ready in: 25 minutes
If you never try this before, then let’s try to make some at home by following this recipe from the beginning until the end.
How to make Crispy Sticky Mongolian Beef
Make three portions of Crispy Sticky Mongolian Beef in only 25 minutes with the recipe written below.
For the beef and marinate mixture:
- 250g beef steak, cut into one and a half inches slices
- A teaspoon of cornstarch
- A teaspoon of vegetable oil
For the sauce:
- Two teaspoons of cornflour
- 50 ml water
- 30 ml light soy sauce
- 50 ml chicken broth
- 22 ml Chinese cooking wine or you may use dry sherry
- 50 gr lightly packed brown sugar
For the crispy beef:
- 50-250 ml of vegetable oil
- 50 gr cornstarch
- A half teaspoon of minced ginger
- Two cloves garlic, crushed
- Two scallions or you may use shallots, cut into 4 cm diagonal slices
To make the beef and marinate mixture:
- First, prepare a large bowl and put all of the marinade ingredients in it, like the cornstarch and the vegetable oil. Also, put the beef steak that you have cut into slices. Mix these ingredients until they are completely combined and allow it to rest for around 30 minutes or an hour.
To make the sauce:
- Prepare another bowl and put the cornstarch in it along with a bit of water. Stir well and add other remaining sauce ingredients in it, like the soy sauce, the chicken broth, the Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry, lightly packed brown sugar and the remaining water. Mix them well.
To make the crispy beef:
1Before frying the beef, you need to add 50 gr of cornstarch to coat the beef. Then, prepare a wok and heat it with 50 ml oil in it over medium-high heat. Cook half of the beef for around 45 seconds until it turns golden crisp. Then, cook the other side in the same amount of time.
2Do the same step for the other half of the beef. After all, beef is completely cooked, transfer to a plate with paper towel on it. Meanwhile, in the cooking wok, you need to remove any remaining oil and leave only one tablespoon of it. Then, heat it up again.
3Stir in the garlic and ginger for around 15 seconds and make sure you don’t burn these ingredients. After that, add the sauce that you have prepared into the wok. Cook and make it simmer for around one and a half minutes until the sauce is thickened.
It is almost done, you just need to add the beef and scallions to toss with the sauce. Stir and cook for around 30 seconds and turn the heat off. Prepare a plate of warm rice and pour the Crispy Sticky Mongolian Beef on top of it.